Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The windows are the eyes to the ...outside.

I was looking forward to a nap after waking up at 5 a.m. this morning for my retail job, but the building manager had other ideas. I came home to an apartment littered with saw dust, covered in plastic, and wondering where the hell he put my nightstand and if he spilled the week(s) old water in my bong... I was so confused I just grabbed the laptop and took off for a walk. Unfortunately, it's April and April in Boston means lots of rain so I'm posted up in a Starbucks on Boylston Street, which is lucky for you since I was just going to blog later in my Warhol class and it probably wouldn't be as interesting.


I'm also watching Law & Order, which if you know me at all, I'm ALWAYS watching. Watching TV is my favorite stoner activity, in fact, I don't know how to watch TV without being stoned. I get bored. So, I'm making my way through the first half of the original NYC series which was on air beginning in 1990, just a year after my birth. It may have taken them 20 years to film and air all 456 episodes, but it's only taken me a few weeks to get through seasons 1-7. I'm going to have to Netflix a few DVDs though, I can't seem to find a few episodes on the web. This will just add to the list of TV series I've watched in entirety, inluding (and most certainly missing a few series): Law & Order: SVU, Law & Order: CI, Law & Order: Trial by Jury, Law & Order: Los Angeles, Weeds, Sex & the City, CSI, CSI: Miami, CSI: NY, Psych, Monk, Greek, Bones, Dexter, House, Lie to Me, Mad Men, Mercy, Nip/Tuck, Scrubs, L Word... okay, I'm getting tired, but you get the idea. I watch a fuckton of television for someone who doesn't have cable. My 12" TV set sits on top of my dresser gathering dust, I choose to watch everything on my laptop. I mean, hell, it has the same screen size and I can watch whatever I want 'on demand.'

Anyway, while watching these early episodes my stoned ass was wowed by the original Detective Stabler (aka Detective Sexy as Hell). Starring as one of the original detectives from season one is none other than Chris Noth. Before he was Mr. Big sweating up the sheets with Carrie Bradshaw he was Detective Mike Logan and boy, was television different in the 90s! Today Detective Stabler pushes up his sleeves to reveal his chiseled arms but in 1990s Law & Order Chris Noth is clad in tartan suits and matching ties buttoned to the neck. In later seasons he puts on the sexy, but there's something about a stoic, traditional man... Maybe it's a daddy complex? Regardless, even with women, sex sells.

I'm not sure if Chris Noth is into weed, but his character on CBS' 'The Good Wife,' Peter Florrick, candidate for State Attorney, banks on the youth vote with a medical marijuana initiative. So there's that. Ha.

Now, onto business, how is everyone celebrating 420 tomorrow? Edibles? Blunts? What's on the menu? My girl Ley has the pizza patrol on lock, she calls before a party, sets delivery for a few hours later and waits until she's intoxicated for her forgotten surprise. I think this is a good plan for 420, especially if you're the type to get lazy after a few joints. I'm picking up an eighth today and tomorrow? Well who knows what tomorrow will bring, but I have the day off and an eighth so I'm all set. I think I may even change my bong water for tomorrows festivities! Be safe tomorrow, don't eat too much and throw up or fall asleep watching your stoner movie.

Stay Stoned ♥

No comments: