Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sunny Days...

Just five days until my Boyfriend leaves for Europe. I would be bummed, but this medication change is really keeping me on my toes. Well, really it's keeping me on my butt cause I'm having crazy mood swings and what I like to call, the Weepies (unfortunately, I'm not talking about the band, just awesome uncontrollable sobbing). It's also kind of made me resent the internet and weed, which I really don't understand. I've been reading books and smoking maybe a bowl a day.

On the bright side, summer begins in 12 days (did you catch my little pun there!), and I'll be jetting off to Costa Rica in 19 days. With how crazy my mood is, I'm concerned. I hope it doesn't get in the way of touring the volcanoes or hitting the zip lines! You might say, "don't worry, who in their right mind would pass up zip lining in Costa Rica!?" This girl, who is not in her right mind. I tear up every time I read news stories on Jezebel about 15-year-olds with cancer and their bucket lists, start crying when my hot water doesn't work, and would probably start bawling if a baby was born, or a puppy came in the room, or an irresistibly emotional movie was on television. Well, not the last part cause I don't have cable, but you know what I mean.

Anyways, in preparation for my trip I've been doing the usual, got a new camera, bought a couple of books, and a new travel bag, but I also checked out . According to the site, you can bribe the cops (not sure I'll try that tip) and ask cabbies for suppliers (I might try this) and the area is generally pretty tolerant despite still remaining illegal in the country. However, it's a risk for tourists. I mean, I know I'm brown and all, but my Spanish sucks. Perhaps I should use this trip as a time to take a little break and let my body get back in sync?

Or maybe, I'll quit thinking things through so intensely and just go with the flow for once. Is that possible for an anxious, unstable, 20-something?

No comments: