Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It's all bullshit.

I went to the doctor this morning. They only scheduled me for a fifteen minute appointment (really? what the fuck?) and then told me to stop drinking and smoking pot and I'll be fine. Why would I quit smoking pot? It's my livelihood. Not to mention, It's the only thing that helps me fall asleep and actually eat a meal a day. She blamed the pot for my insomnia and idk what else and told me to see a therapist for my anxiety. TELL ME SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW.

I've been seeing therapists for the last 13 years. It's all fucking bullshit. The Nurse Practitioner gave me a stronger dose of Prilosec after lying to me about not having anything stronger/better/that I hadn't tried before, ever heard of Nexium lady? I mean, it may not be for me, but it's definitely stronger. I've had acid reflux for 7 years, why do these people act like I don't know my shit?

Her overall recommendation: Keep up with the Prilosec, keep a sleep log, and later we'll talk about anxiety medication and the fact that I'm never hungry. She also said my nose piercing isn't infected, just swollen. Thanks lady!

Overall, pot is the thing that keeps me eating, sleeping somewhat normally and basically going, why must I stop? I'm thinking of doing my own research and handing it over to her or something. Maybe I can start a Coalition For Doctors Who Believe In Medical Marijuana. Then it'll make it so much easier for us smokers to get along in day to day life/actually be honest about our medical history. Should I just be blunt with this doctor and say "I'm not going to quit"? I mean, how far does doctor/patient confidentiality go? Does it cover excessive drug use?

According to a quick Google search and a little reading on HIPAA, it looks like there's no harm in being completely honest. I'm going to consider this an experiment. Honesty vs. Dishonesty, and do you get better care? I felt pretty belittled today at my appointment and I don't think I'm going to stand for it. What's the worst that could happen, right? I switch doctors? Big fuckin' deal. I've been to a million. My follow up appointment is September 3rd at 9:45 A.M. So expect an update on this situation soon.

No comments: