Tuesday, July 15, 2008

my first love.

For the last few years I have had one true, consistent love besides pot: music. I don't know what it is, but some CDs just grip me and demand my attention. Some call me an elitist, some call me critical, but I know what I like and know what I will not listen to. Music is one of the few things that makes me happier than being stoned/makes me happier when I am stoned.

One of my favorite bands is Okkervil River, and emotionally charged, sometimes acoustic, always awesome, Texas based band that pretty much holds the title for "Most Artists With Songs That May As Well Have Been Written About Me And My Life And My Feelings." Anyways, Okkervil River just planned a new album for release in the fall that I have been anxiously awaiting and today it was leaked.

I'm sitting here now with tears welling in my eyes, once again thinking, "This is my life." I don't know how they do it and I'm sure I use all of my good karma on it, but every time the repetitive cycle with my high school boyfriend ends they release a new album that somehow fits, and it comforts the hell out of me. It's such a nice reassurance. I don't know what I would do without these albums, probably cry less, but I mean, everyone needs a good cry, right?

Anyways, without further ado I present to you, The Stand-Ins: hxxp://www.mediafire.com/?d0wmlhengef

Enjoy.

P.S. Best tracks: On Tour With Zykos, Calling And Not Calling My Ex, and Bruce Wayne Campbell Interviewed On The Roof Of The Chelsea Hotel, 1979.

No comments: