Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Who is wrong?

I remember the stillness of the road, the satisfying feeling from pulling through the drive thru, and never being able to take my sunglasses off. I love driving around my hometown smoking a joint and stopping at my favorite taco stand. Sandy and I have made countless trips to Chick-fil-A, Whataburger, Taco Bell, whatever. The best part is trying to order, haha.

Back during the summer before and after my senior year I used to smoke and drive a lot. Some people will say that it's completely wrong, and is just like driving drunk. However, I see nothing wrong with it, as it rarely impairs my ability to drive and studies have shown that while reaction time is slightly slower, perception and awareness are heightened. You can beat both sides of the issue to death, but I think it's really important to remember that drugs react differently with each and every person, and your experiences with smoking are most likely not the same as another's.

That said, if you're ever at Sonic, get the Stoner Special, Sandy and I created it one day after a hot, stoned afternoon, in my pool. The Stoner Special consists of:
-2 Tacos
-1 Route 44 Lemon Berry Slush
-medium chili cheese fries
-1 banana split with caramel all across the way!
-1 snack side order of popcorn chicken

Try it, seriously.

No comments: